Bentonite Clay.

15:08

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I've been looking forward to reviewing this product now for months! I finally got Bentonite Clay and OMG do I love it or do I LOVE it? The latter, defo!

"Bentonite Clay is a sedimentary clay from volcanic ash, it is one of the most effective and powerful healing clays packed full of minerals like Silica, Calcium, Potassium, Iron, Sodium and Magnesium." - so in other words, it's full of all that natural good stuff, hashtag winning!

So that was nice but what does it actually do for our hair I hear you ask? Well It removes build-up hair acting like a natural shampoo without stripping it from any of its natural oils. Oooh what about skin? With skin, it draws out toxins, impurities and cleanses deep-within reviving dull skin! Wait so you're telling me that this is a two in one, hair AND face mask? Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying ;)

For as long as I remember, my scalp has been tender so being able to clarify naturally and without harsh chemicals is a God-send. I thought the whole process straight forward & easy!

What you'll need:
1. Bentonite clay
2. Warm water
3. Aloe vera

What to do:
1. Depending on the thickness/length of your hair put a dashing of bentonite clay in a non-metallic bowl.
2. Boil a bit of water in the kettle, either don't boil it fully or if you do wait till it gets warm then pour some into the bowl. The amount of water you put in is according to the consistency you want your clay to be.
3. Mix it up a bit then add a generous amount of aloe Vera, bear in mind the consistency; if it gets to watery, add more bentonite clay.
4. When you're happy, apply to your hair! I did mine in sections because my hair is so thick.
5. Generally after about 20mins, wash off et voila! Soft, clean & bootyfurl hair!
6. Feel free to follow with a condish and/or deep condish but I didn't, my hair felt super moisturised.
7. Get out of the shower and moisturise as needed (I used Shea Butter & Castor Oil)!
My hair STILL feels soft and moisturised and it's been exactly two weeks since I tried it and 250g for £5, bargain or what? I am hashtag lovestruck by this product! I'll be adding it to my regimen as a 'staple' and I know it'll help me on my goal of HIP LENGTH hair this year, see my latest hair update! which is actually an unravelled twist out after using bentonite clay! :)

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Your hair is amazing Jen! :) Thinking of trying out bentonite clay as soon as I use the shea butter I bought from Pretty Curls. How often do you think you'll be using the clay on your hair?

    Much Love,
    MAReee xxx

    http://the-classic-smile.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I think I may use it every two weeks <3

      Delete

Follow Bootyfurl on Twitter

Like Bootyfurl on Facebook